Saturday 12 February 2011

To flush or not to flush......

Anyone of a sensitive disposition might like to stop reading now as I'm turning lavatorial......

I live in a house with three examples of the male species - one little one, one teenager and one of the middle aged variety. I like to think they're all well balanced, likeable human beings who have been brought up to have nice manners, to be considerate to others and to be aware of their surroundings and their environment.

So, why is it then that none of them can flush the blasted toilet? We have three in our house and not a day goes by when I don't find one or more in a state that would put those old-style Parisien pissoirs to shame.

I'm well aware this is probably an unfair sweeping generalisation of the male sex but why, oh why, is the flush such a mystery to them?

It's obvious why one of my brood turned out to be hopeless at football as his aim is clearly so atrocious that if he took up darts he'd be in danger of killing someone in the crowd.

I swear the words 'flush and wash' will be engraved on my headstone because I must say them dozens of time each day as one or the other appears from one of the bathrooms.

It's now reached the stage where action is called for and all males have forthwith been banned from the en-suite which is now a female only zone. Any male caught sneaking in there is likely to come out minus his dangly bits......

No comments:

Post a Comment